We exist to glorify God and produce fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ who transform the world.
We will be an authentic community of faith that equips people with God's Word to go and share the gospel.
A History of Loving This Community
For more than 200 years we have been spreading the good news of Jesus. From our humble beginnings in 1820, in a log schoolhouse to our state-of-the-art campuses, we want to help those in a hurting world. That first group of people called themselves the Asbury Society in honor of Francis Asbury, the first Methodist Bishop in America. In 1825 they were chartered as the Asbury Methodist Episcopal Church.
In 1921, they bought property near the present-day Arby’s and remodeled an old substation of the Interurban Traction Line. They changed the name to Forestville Community Methodist Episcopal Church.
When that building was too small, the church bought the property at our present main campus site at the corner of Beechmont and Forest and held their first service in the new building on June 15, 1953. We became Anderson Hills United Methodist Church in the 1960's.
In 2018, we launched Fresh Expressions, taking the church to where people are. We hold worship in area breweries, assisted living centers, and homes. Find out more about Fresh Expressions here.
In 2020, we expanded to a second campus on Salem Rd. Salem at Anderson is a place of healing and hope, a ministry to the Mt. Washington community. Find out more here